Generally speaking, career professionals only stay in one role for around 3 years before “job hopping” to a new external or internal vacancy this is because the days of a “job for life” are far behind us.
One of the common mistakes that must be avoided, made by job hunters if losing their application form details, many job hunters will spend hours writing a CV or Application Form, secure a job role and then destroy their application form and hard work. Two to three years later they start applying for new vacancies, completing new application forms only to find they cant remember their referees address or what year they completed a certain qualification.
We have made a list of all the essential information you will need for a job application form, along with some additional job application form tips. Keep this secure! You will need it again.
If you’re ready for a career change and feel unsure what your next step up the career ladder should be, contact a Career Coach for expert advice.
The Basics; Personal Information:
- Phone Number –Mobile and Home Number
- E-mail Address
- Eligibility to Work in UK
- Criminal Convictions – are they spent?
Position Applied For Information:
- Title of the job you are applying for
- Job Reference Number
- When you can start work
- Schools, Colleges and Universities Attended including Dates
- Qualification Type
- Achievement Level
- Any in-house Certificates
- Company Name, Address, Phone Numbers and E-Mail
- Line Managers Name
- Dates of Employment
- Salary – at time of leaving
- Reason for Leaving
- Periods of Unemployment
- This is needed for the previous 5 years as a minimum
- Referees Name
- Address and Contact Details
- How you Know this Person (Friend, Manager, etc )
Tips for Completing Job Applications:
- Complete all boxes or record NA if the question is not applicable to you
- Follow all instructions IE using black ink
- Write clearly using capitals
- Send a covering letter
- Check for spelling and grammar mistakes
- Record employment history and education in chronological order
- Check your referees’ are still contactable and happy to provide you a reference
- Target your application form to the job role you are applying for
- Ensure you have evidence that you posses the essential criteria on the job specification
- Sign and date your application form
If you enjoyed reading this article you will also enjoy reading: