Life Coach Job Profile
In the UK life coaching is not regulated which means anyone with the ambition, skills and experience can become a self employed life coach.
A life coach uses questions and techniques to help clients to take control of their current situation which can vary from goals, relationships, business, confidence, anxiety, public speaking and a work-life balance
If you enjoy working with and helping people then this can be an ideal job for you. Some coaches are employed but around 95% of life coaches are self employed with many coaches working part time
Below you can also access 101 Interview Questions and techniques to Influence the Job Interview. Good luck with your next job interview.
Set Up Your Own Coaching Business
Need Help to Pass Your Next Job Interview?
You can book a SKYPE Interview Coaching Session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing email@example.com
- Learn The 3 Step Process for Killer Interview Answers
- Double Your Interview Confidence with Specialised Techniques
- Mock Interview – Get Really Feedback on Your Interview Skills
Required Skills for a Life Coach
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- the ability to build rapport with clients from different backgrounds
- Open minded and non-judgemental
- An ability to inspire and motivate individuals
- Able to support clients to set and achieve goals
- Able to challenge clients
Life Coach Duties
Around 50% of your time is spent marketing your coaching business through online platforms (for self employed coaches)
A coach will first set out the agenda for the coaching session explaining the rules and procedures. To support the client the coach will ask the clients session objectives and what is stopping them from moving forward.
The coach will then coach the client to find solution, to set goals and to create motivation. This may include discussing limiting beliefs, values, beliefs, passed experiences and how to stay committed
Life Coach Pay and Conditions
Self employed coaches charge between £50-£300 per session. Employed coaches earn around £22-£25,000 per year
A coaching session will last on average for 45 minutes and many client will attend for 6-10 coaching session (1 session per week)
Coaches work face to face, by Skype and telephone. Many coaches will create a second income through a published book, public speaking or delivering training courses
Life coaches are responsible for their own self development
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read:
- How to use Sales Psychology in Job Interviews
- How to read the Interviewers Facial Micro expressions
- How to prepare for an Interview