- 101 Coaching Questions
The secret to successful life coaching is the questions you ask as a life coach or are asked by your coach, to help you coach yourself we have written 101 coaching questions.
When reading each question, take the time to wait for your unconscious mind to answer the questions, giving you the answers you need. To really move forward with your life download a FREE extract from Employment King’s online coaching course (limited time only)
Opening the Session
- What has changed since deciding to make the decision to change your life, career, future, health, relationships?
- What has been your biggest achievement since we last met?
- What has gone really well for you for this week?
- How have you progressed – what did you do differently?
- What is great about your life this week?
- How have you grown this week?
- What did you accomplish this week?
- What happen last week for you to want to make a change this week?
- Who else will benefit from what you have learnt and how you have changed?
- How many positive states have you been in this week?
- What motivated you to complete last week’s actions and tasks?
- What do you want to achieve in your life?
- By what date do you want to achieve your goals?
- What is important to you right now?
- What dreams and fantasies do you have?
- What would you like to achieve from today’s session?
- What needs to happen for you to have the best possible session today?
- If anything was possible what would you want?
- Describe you at your best or you on your best day.
- What do you want to happen today, next week, next month and next year?
- What are you key goals – what outcomes will they bring?
- How long have you been thinking about this goal or change?
You too can use a life coach to achieve your goals
Building on Success
- What is working well right now, what keeps you motivated?
- What can you do more of that will help you move forward?
- Where are you when you are acting at your best?
- What do you say to yourself when you are feeling successful?
- How can you ensure next week is as successful as this week or even more so?
- If you are aware of the problem, do you know the solution?
- How would you like it to be known?
- What’s in the way of your success?
- What’s stopping you moving forward, how can you overcome this?
- Have you ever experienced something like this before?
- What does success mean to you?
- Are you focused on your goal a 100%?
- How will you know when you have reached your goal?
- Is your goal designed to gain pleasure or to avoid pain?
- Is your goal giving you energy or draining your energy?
- What will really make the biggest difference in your life?
- What would work best for you?
- What options do you have for moving forward?
- What else could you do?
- If anything was possible what would be your ideal course of action?
- Will this choice move you forward or keep you stuck in a rut?
- How have you handled this situation successfully in the past?
- Who do you know who has been in a similar situation, what would they do?
- If you were advising a friend or family member with the same goal/barrier what would you suggest?
- If you did know what to do what would the answer be?
- Who else is affected by you, your barriers and your goals?
- What does your intuition tell you about this?
- Have you solved problems like this before? What did you do?
- What is really important to you? Make a list
- What item on your lift has the most importance?
- What rules do you have for yourself, which are getting in the way?
- If you changed your belief about this, what would be possible?
- Is this a decision or a dream?
Taking the Next Step
- If you did know the answer what would it be?
- What question should I be asking you?
- On a scale of 1 -10 what progress have you made so far in achieving your goal?
- On a scale of 1 – 10 how motivated are you to carrying out this action to achieve your goal?
- What can you do to move one more number up the scale?
- What number on the scale do you want to be at?
- How will you know when you have reached this number?
- How can you learn from this problem so it never happens again?
- What are you not facing up to?
- What are you pretending not to know?
- If you did know the answer what would it be?
- What is the real issue?
- What would people you know be saying to you right now?
- What is really important to you?
- What’s the worst that can happen, and can you handle that?
- What’s stopping you from taking action? – What can you do to overcome this?
- Have you set goals before – at what part in the process did you give up? What will you do different this time?
- Who wouldn’t like it if you succeeded?
- How can you solve this problem so it never comes back?
- If you weren’t so scared, what would you do differently?
- Which step could you take that would make the biggest difference, right now?
- How do you know when you’re really motivated?
- What is really important to you right now?
- What would you like people to say about you?
- When things were going well for you what was happening?
- When did you last feel energize-what was happening, where were you, who were you with?
- Which of your core values does this goal meet?
- What do you believe about yourself? What new belief would most help you?
- What will you have to give up in order to make room for your new goals?
- How would your life be transformed if you changed this right now?
- If you don’t change this, what will it cost you in the long run?
- What will you add to your plan to achieve your new goals?
- Are your personal standards high enough to reach your goals?
- What did you learn in the process?
- How will achieving your goal benefit you and other people?
NLP Life coaching can you to the motivation to move forward
- What goal is most important to you?
- What steps and actions are you going to take now?
- What is your best way forward?
- What’s the first step you need to take to reach your goal?
- Which step/option most excites you?
- How are you going to achieve all your goals?
- When exactly will you start?
- Who can help you?
- What might stop you achieving your goals? What can you do to overcome this?
- What is the best outcome you can imagine from achieving your goals?
- What is your strategy to achieving your goals?
If you enjoyed reading this article you will also enjoy reading: