Interview Questions for an Accountant
Often out of 300 applicants only 6 candidates will be interviewed. In most interviews, but this varies depending on the job sector and employer, you will be asked around 10 questions during a 45 minute interview.
The key to passing job interviews in preparation and practice, this sounds obvious but is often overlooked with the average interviewee spending around only 60 minutes preparing for their job interview.
You can book an interview coaching session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing email@example.com
Interview Questions for:
Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
What are the key challenges as an accountant?
Do you prefer being office or site based? Why?
- What is your experience as an accountant?
- What accounting/financial applications are you familiar with?
- How do you describe complex accounting information to a client?
- Give me an example of when you have used your financial knowledge to save a company/client money?
- How does government policy affect your role?
- How do you react to demanding deadlines?
- Give me an example of how you cope under pressure?
- Is customer service an important part of this role?
- Do you have any questions for me?
Good questions to ask interviewers at the end of the job interview include questions on the company growth or expansion, questions on personal development and training and questions on company values, staff retention and company achievements.
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read:
- How to use Sales Pyschology in Job Interviews
- How to read the Interviewers Facial Micro expressions
- How to prepare for an Interview