Interview Questions for Teachers
To pass any job interview means preparation. To prepare for your job interview, first read the job specification and write an interview question for each essential criteria. Finally write an interview answer using a real-life example.
Suitability to the role
- Tell about your teaching experience
- Why did you apply for a role in this school?
- Why did you choose to teach this particular age range?
- What are your core strengths in terms of teaching?
- What is yoiur greatest teaching success?
The school and staff
- What makes a successful school?
- How would you cope with a lack of enthusiasm from colleagues?
- How would you work efficiently with a teaching assistant in your classroom?
- Do you what OFSTED score we received? How would you make improvements to the school?
- What is the most difficult piece of feedback you have ever had to give, and why?
- How do you react to criticism?
Teaching and learning
- Describe your perfect lesson?
- Describe a bad day. What were the reasons for this?
- Describe the teaching method you find most effective and explain why
- How would you organise teaching and learning for a mixed-level group?
- What are the important things to consider when planning any lesson?
Ensuring pupil progress
- What assessment strategies would you use in lessons?
- How do you ensure all pupils are involved in the lesson?
- How would you motivate a reluctant pupils?
- How would you meet the needs of gifted and talented children in the class?
- What strategies do you use to manage children with special educational needs?
- How would you deal with a disruptive pupil?
- What do you think is the best way to motivate pupils?
- How do you deal with bullying in and outside the classroom?
- What experience do you have with child protection issues?
- Tell me about a time when a child or young person behaved in a way that caused you concern. How did you deal with that?
- Why do you want to work with children?
To help plan your next job interview Read “Tricky Questions, Killer Answers – over 50 interview questions and answers”
- How to use Sales Pyschology in Job Interviews
- How to read the Interviewers Facial Micro expressions
- How to prepare for an Interview