Next Job Interview Answers
Often out of 300 applicants only 6 candidates will be interviewed. In most interviews, but this varies depending on the job sector and employer, you will be asked around 10 questions during a 45 minute interview.
The key to passing job interviews in preparation and practice, this sounds obvious but is often overlooked with the average interviewee spending around only 60 minutes preparing for their job interview.
You can book an interview coaching session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing email@example.com
Job Interview Questions and Answers for Next Retail
- Job Interview Question 1: What is your experience in retail?
“I have over X years experiecne in reatil, my career highlights are A, B and C (give lots of detail and selling points) I have always enjoyed working in retail and long term I am keen to progress in next and move into management roles”
- Job Interview Question 2: How would you handle a customer complaint?
“In my previous roles I have worked on the customer service desk where I was responsible for dealing with complaints. An example of this was when (give real life example of when you turned around a complaint) ”
- Job Interview Question 3: What would you do if a customer order hadn’t arrived and they desperately needed the item?
“For me customer service is key for customer retention. I always do my best to support customers. This situation happened with me recently. To support the customer I first checked if we had the item the customer had purchased in the stock room, because we hadn’t I rang around other stores and sent a courier to delivery to the customers address. This pleased the customer and she ended up spending more money in the store”
- Job Interview Question 4: How would you deal with busy periods when customers just literally want to get in and out?
“In my last role I worked in a really busy store and many customers were wanting to come in and buy goods rather then shop around. I had the idea of approaching customers with an i-pad to check if we had the goods in store. This was a real success of the idea was rolled out accross all stores”
- Job Interview Question 5: If you were due to go home and you were supporting a customer what would you do?
“Im a very customer focused person. if a customer needs my support I will work with them until they have finished shopping”
- Job Interview Question 6: Have you ever dealt with a rude customer? What did you do?
“Yes on customer service desk I worked on I would deal with rude customers each day, but I was very good at calming customers down and resolving their issues. An example was (give real example with a positive outcome)”
- Job Interview Question 7: Why do you want to work for next?
“As a next customer I enjoy the atmosphere in next, plus I like the style of clothing. For me I want to sell goods that I believe in and because I love the next brand and wear the clothes myself I would find it easy to sell these garments to customers”
- Job Interview Question 8: Do you have any questions to ask me?
Good interview questions to ask interviewers at the end of the job interview include questions on the company growth or expansion, questions on personal development and training and questions on company values, staff retention and company achievements.
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read: