Interview Question and Answer “Tell Me About Experience”
9/10 job interviews start with a question similar to “Tell Me About Your Experience” or “Tell Me About Yourself”
This question is designed to get you talking and to increase your confidence allowing you throughout the job interview to talk freely. Many interviewees use this question relax, communicate and start the interview.
This is the wrong approach to the job interview. Instead you need to treat this interview question, like all others – as a chance to highlight your unique selling point, experience and strengths
Below you can also access 101 Interview Questions and techniques to Influence the Job Interview. Good luck with your next job interview.
Set Up Your Own Coaching Business
Need Help to Pass Your Next Job Interview?
You can book a SKYPE Interview Coaching Session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learn The 3 Step Process for Killer Interview Answers
- Double Your Interview Confidence with Specialised Techniques
- Mock Interview – Get Really Feedback on Your Interview Skills
“Tell Me About Experience” Question Overview
One of the most common asked questions in interviews, normally asked at the beginning of an interview, this question gives you the opportunity to deliver a short statement about your experiences and skills relevant to the job position you are applying for.
- Start with a “selling” line that will highlight your main strength and/or achievement
- Keep each point brief as you can explain each point again in more detail throughout the interview
- You want to interest the interviewer and get them to want to know more about you
- End this answer with a reason why you’re looking for a new job
“Tell Me About Experience” Interview Answer Video
“I’ve been working in Sales for 8 years. I have a great understanding of selling insurance to the public and businesses. My innovative sale techniques have increased profits by 25% year on year for the past 3 years. I am now ready for a new challenge and with your company having a great reputation, I believe this is the opportunity I have been waiting to apply for”
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read:
- How to use Sales Psychology in Job Interviews
- How to read the Interviewers Facial Micro expressions
- How to prepare for an Interview
Employment King offer;
- Interview Coaching in Manchester
- Career Advice in Manchester
- Skype Interview Coaching
- Interview Confidence Sessions in Manchester
- Interview and Presentation Sessions in Manchester
- Mock Interview Sessions in Manchester