Job Interview Questions for a Hotel Front of House
Often out of 300 applicants only 6 candidates will be interviewed. In most interviews, but this varies depending on the job sector and employer, you will be asked around 10 questions during a 45 minute interview.
The key to passing job interviews in preparation and practice, this sounds obvious but is often overlooked with the average interviewee spending around only 60 minutes preparing for their job interview.
You can book an interview coaching session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Interview Questions for a Hotel Front of House Position
- Job Interview Question 1: What is your experience in the hotel sector?
Job Interview Question 2: How do you assess the success of a hotel front of house department – What do you measure? How did you determine the priorities?
Job Interview Question 3: How does the front of house department contribute to the strategies and goals of the business?
Job Interview Question 4: What was quality of standards in previous hotels you have worked in?
Job Interview Question 5: How do you handle disruptive customers?
- Job Interview Question 6: Give an example of going above and beyond to make a guest stay enjoyable?
- Job Interview Question 7: How do you recall large amounts of information such as product knowledge, menus, entertainment outlets?
- Job Interview Question 8: Tell us the time when you were not able to meet the deadline? What were the consequences?
- Job Interview Question 9: Give an example of successful multi-tasking
- Job Interview Question 10: What does customer service mean to you?
- Job Interview Question 11: Give an example of being organised and how that improve the operations of a hotel?
- Job Interview Question 12: Do you have any questions to ask?
Good interview questions to ask interviewers at the end of the job interview include questions on the company growth or expansion, questions on personal development and training and questions on company values, staff retention and company achievements.
Many people are afraid of job interviews. The truth is if you prepare for your job interview, by predicting the job interview questions, you can easily prepare your job interview answers. If your job interview answers highlight your unique selling point, are stated in the positive and are said in a confident manner, then you can influence the job interview to increase job offer.
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read: