1. Contact your last 3 employers explaining to them that you are looking to progress your career and ask them if they know about any industry vacancies. Managing Directors benefit from inside industry knowledge, as long as you left the company on good terms, many will be happy to share this information with you and even give you a recommendation.
2. Sign up to Google and Yahoo Employment News Feeds; you can filter this to industry and sector information and vacancies, these links can be e-mailed to you on a daily basis. Most industries have sector websites and Industry newsletters, to increase your knowledge of the companies recruiting sign up to receive these weekly bulletins.
3. Let others know you’re back in the job market, it’s amazing the amount of people who gain job offers from information passed on to them from friends and family. This can be verbal or through social networking sites, such as Twitter and Facebook.
4. Many job search engine websites will allow you to sign up to industry job adverts, this will save you time with your job hunting. It’s good to sign up to at least 5 job search engines to help maximise your job hunting.
5. Look at other careers and/or job roles that match your skills, qualities, everyone has a wide range of transferable skills that can be used in a wide range of job roles. Once you can identify vacancies that are both suited to your experience and that you will enjoy you will find that you have a larger number of vacancies to apply for.
Need careers Advice?