Today you will learn how to read micro expressions, this means you will have the power to really understand what is going on in someones mind, as micro expressions are hard to hide which means you will really know what the other person is thinking, just by looking at their face.
- This Article will teach you how to read micro expressions and later you can participate in an interactive micro expression test
Research into micro expressions is being extended, as psychologist like Paul Ekman (the leading expert in micro expressions and emotions) has proven that certain micro expressions such as Anger, Contempt and Happiness are universal. These studies will help people in professions such as Airport Security, Police, MI5, Teachers, Coaches and a whole range of other industries. Why? Because if you can read micro expressions you can understand how the person is really feeling, which is Different to how they say they are feeling.
I agree people can fake smiles and other emotions, but micro expressions happen so quick and are so instant that if you the micro reader blink you can miss them. This is why reading micro expressions is a key to understanding how someone really feels, as the subject often doesn’t know that they have made them – micro movements are made through unconscious movements of the muscles
How to Read Micro Expressions
1. Sadness – narrowed eyes, eyebrows together, down-pointed mouth, and a pulling up of the chin
2. Anger – lowered eyebrows, tense lips and eye lids and wrinkled forehead
3. Contempt – single raised corner of the mouth, slight tightening of the eyelids (sneer)
4. Disgust – raising of upper lip, narrowed eyes, wrinkled nose and narrowed eye brows
5. Surprise – dropped jaw, relaxed lips and mouth, widened eyes and slightly raised eyelids and eyebrows
6. Fear – eyes and mouth open rather widely, eyebrows raised and nostrils flared
7. Happiness – raising corner of lips and cheeks, narrowing eyes to produce “crow’s feet” on the outside of each eye
Tim Roth (above) Stars as Dr Cal Lightman in the hit series Lie to Me, a great show where Dr Lightman and his team tackle a weekly mystery by reading micro expressions, body language and verbal cues.
So, back to reading micro expressions. To become an expert you need to practice, re-read the emotion explanations and then watch this facial expression video on YouTube Facial Expression Tutorial by Khappucino
Go over this video a couple of times, to increase your facial reading abilities and then take a Micro Facial Reading Expression Test
- Paul Ekman FACE Training – you will need to tick the terms and conditions
- CIO Facial Expression Test
How did you do? Remember the more you practice the better you will become and as with all mind/body/language reading you need to look for clusters and not to make judgments on single instances
If you want to learn more about Emotions and Facial Expression, learn from the master himself Paul Ekman, read his amazing book Emotions Revealed. Buy the Book Now by clicking the image below:
If You Enjoyed this Article You Will Also Enjoy Reading: