How to Fill in Job Application Forms
More and more employers require you to complete a job application form rather then a CV, this reason for this is the employer can ask you questions on specific experiences or skills on the job application form whereas a CV is written from the employee’s perspective.
In many cases you may be asked to complete an application form even if you have originally applied by CV or telephone. This way, the employer has a record of your personal and employment history, verified and signed by you the applicant.
Completing the Application Form
Before you start ensure you have all the relevant details you require with you, it is important that you complete the application fully, follow the attached instructions and ensure the application form is error free.
Finally use the job specification as a guide to ensure the application highlights the require skills and experiences the employer states as essential.
Job Application Form Details – What Information You Will require
- Post Code
- Phone Number
- Mobile Number
- NI Number
- Conviction Details
- High Schools/Colleges Attended including dates and addresses
- Universities Attended including dates and addresses
- A list of all your qualifications
Position Applied For Information:
- Title of the position you are applying for
- Job Reference Number
- Hours and Days available to work (for part time positions)
- Date you can start work and a list of any pre-booked holidays
- Names, addresses, phone numbers of previous employers
- Dates of employment
- Reason for Leaving
- List referees – names, job title or relationship, addresses, phone numbers and the amount of year you have know them.
- The profile or personal statement is the most important section of the Job application Form, this section is so important we have wrote a separate article which will teach how to write a winning personal statement.
If You Enjoyed this Article You Will Also Enjoy Reading: