Job Interview Questions for a School Counsellor
Often out of 300 applicants only 6 candidates will be interviewed. In most interviews, but this varies depending on the job sector and employer, you will be asked around 10 questions during a 45 minute interview.
The key to passing job interviews in preparation and practice, this sounds obvious but is often overlooked with the average interviewee spending around only 60 minutes preparing for their job interview.
You can book an interview coaching session and/or a Mock Interview with an interview coach by e-mailing email@example.com
School Counsellor Job Interview Questions
- Job Interview Question 1: Tell me about your counselling experience ?
- Job Interview Question 2: What is the relationship of a school counsellor in relation to teachers, parents and the head teacher?
- Job Interview Question 3: What do you see as the main role of a school counsellor?
Job Interview Question 4:What counselling theories or approach that you use?
Job Interview Question 5: How would you divide your time between meeting the immediate needs of the students and keeping on top of the paperwork?
Job Interview Question 6: How would you handle a parent who is opposed to counselling for their children?
Job Interview Question 7: What do you think is the most important skill of a counsellor?
- Job Interview Question 8: Are you happy to work late or early, depenidng on the demands of the school?
- Job Interview Question 9: How would you deal with cultural differences in a school setting?
- Job IntJob Interview Question 10: In your opinion does counselling prevent violence in schools?
- Job IntJob Interview Question 11: Do you have any experiences working with special education students?
- Interview Question 12: Do you have any questions for me?
Good interview questions to ask interviewers at the end of the job interview include questions on the company growth or expansion, questions on personal development and training and questions on company values, staff retention and company achievements. Many people are afraid of job interviews.
The truth is if your prepare for your job interview, by predicting the job interview questions, you can easily prepare your job interview answers. If your job interview answers highlight your unique selling point, are stated in the positive and are said in a confident manner, then you can influence the job interview to increase job offer.
Interview Preparation Resources
Other People Who Read This Article Also Read: